- Mediation is fair and neutral.
- Parties have an equal say in the process and they, not the mediator, decide the terms of the settlement.
- There is no determination of guilt or innocence in the process.
- Mediation saves time and money.
- Mediation usually occurs early in the dispute process, and many mediation’s are completed in one meeting.
- Legal or other representation is optional but not required.
- Mediation is confidential.
- All parties sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Information disclosed during mediation will not be revealed to anyone.
- Mediation avoids litigation.
- Mediation costs less than a lawsuit and avoids the uncertainty of a judicial outcome.